Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Going to Italy, finally!

Chris and I are taking our ten-year anniversary (on our 11th anniversary) trip to Rome, Italy! We have been planning this trip for over a year and we are ready to go. As I take Italian CDs out of the library, look through guidebooks, and micromanage the children's schedule for the time we are gone, my thoughts keep returning to "Welcome to Holland." I guess the message as we go to Italy is not to over plan (yeah, right) and to stay open to all of the surprises that may find us on our trip. I made sure that there was at least one picture of Joe in this montage wearing an Italy shirt. So, the other lesson to keep in mind is humor. Back by popular demand (at least by me) is "Welcome to (Amy's) Holland."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds SO romantic -- and long overdue! Congratulations Amy!!!

Kelly said...

Good for you, Amy......ENJOY!! Love the montage:)