Saturday, September 27, 2008
Kierin helping Joe to look at the camera
Today was our annual Buddy Walk in downtown Lansing. It was a perfect day for the walk. Emma & Joe loved the moon walk and blow-up giant slide, as well as the fire trucks, race car, bubble station, and drums. Krista walked with us this year.
Friday, September 26, 2008
Emma & Joe's sitter Krista (from last year) came over for dinner tonight. She has graduated from MSU and is now living at home during her teaching intern year in Special Education. Lucky for us, she comes back to MSU every Friday for a class. Tonight she joined us for dinner and tomorrow she will walk with us in the annual Buddy walk. Emma & Joe adore Krista.
"And did you get what
you wanted from this life, even so?
And what did you want?
To call myself beloved, to feel myself
beloved on the earth."
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Thanks to Where There's a Will blog for thinking of me! Her son Will is close to Joe's age and is also taking swimming this fall.
I am now required to mention Mammadawg as the creator of this award. I just visited her blog for the first time. The award has been given to more than 500 bloggers. Check it out at the Kick A$$ blogger headquarters. As part of the award I am happy to pass it on to 5 more of my favorite bloggers. I giving the award to:
1. Michelle at the Sneathen Family blog: Michelle is a neighbor and friend who writes about life with two boys, one who happens to be on the spectrum. She just began blogging this fall.
2. My sister-in-law Jen who also recently began blogging. Visit her HERE and check out her list of 32 things to do before she turns 33.
3. My other sister-in-law who took over the family blog. She writes about raising 1 boy, waiting for another to arrive and keeping Blue off of the couch. Their family blog inspried me to start my own a few years ago. Click HERE to see cousin Paul trying on Joe's old Halloween costumes. I think the monkey costume suits these cousins well.
4. Liliana's father who chronicles Liliana's life at Lilienna!!! I love reading about her and watching her grow through the great photos and videos.
5. Michele at Elliot's Expeditions. Michele always has up-to-date news about T21 and thoughful posts about parenting her terrific children.
Monday, September 22, 2008
Sunday, September 21, 2008
Thursday, September 18, 2008
After swim class we walked across the street and watched the MSU marching band practice for the game on Saturday.
Monday, September 15, 2008
Emma began her Big Zoo Lesson week. All week her class will be learning at Potter Park Zoo. Her animal is the Meerkat. Today they had an orientation to the zoo and spent some time observing their animals and writing their findings in their notebooks. Emma is working with a team of 4 other children and a parent volunteer. I will join the group on Thursday.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Emma decided to try horseback riding today. She loved it! As long as she enjoys it we will have both of them on a horse while Joe has his hippotherapy. This is the first sport that they have done together (besides playing outside). It is so much easier when they can take the same lessons at the same place at the same time.